August 13, 2019 Technical Training – The Age of Social Media Investigations
Posted: Jul 21, 2019
Overview: August 13, 2019 Technical Training – The Age of Social Media Investigations
To make reservations, click here.
Reservation deadline is August 12 at 5:00 p.m.
Learn how social media is being used to uncover fraud as well as enhance he quality of other investigations. Learn what geosocial data is, and exactly how the type of information is used to investigate insurance claims of all kinds. Understand how to gain eye-opening insight into accidents, site security and high exposure incidents, by locating social media photographs videos and posts at specific locations and times anywhere in the world. The session examines successful real-life cases, fascinating trends in social media investigations, privacy and legal issues, as well as preserving, authenticating and representing the evidence in court. The dynamic between social media monitoring and surveillance will also be examined through a case study involving 17,000 days of surveillance data. Attendees will come away with an understanding of the investigative best practices required for a successful investigation and a better understanding of the best investigative practices required for a successful geosocial investigation and exactly how to add this new information to their wide range of skills.
- Plan a social media investigation
- Gain knowledge of investigative best practices to aid in selecting a competent investigative firm
- Understand te privacy and legal ramification of conducting soical media investigations
- Learn how to properly preserve, authenticate and present social media evidence in court
- understand what geological data is and how it works from a technological standpoint