BART PROJECT HSE MANAGER
Posted: Sep 13, 2020
BART PROJECT HSE MANAGER – (50021654.12)Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
For more details or to apply, click here.
Job title: BART PROJECT HSE MANAGER
Location SAN FRANCISCO – San Francisco, CA 94102 US (Primary)
Professional family HSE & Physical Security
Job type Full time
Education Bachelor’s Degree
Career level Manager
% travel required 0-25%Job description
HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in San Francisco, CA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Establish, document, implement, maintain and continually improve the HSE Management System implemented on the Project in compliance with International Standards, IMS and Local Procedures;
- Ensure the implementation of the STS activities in compliance with HSE Policies, HSE Legislative requirements , HSE Customer Requirements and the HSE Management System of the project and HSE Management System of STS (IMS);
- Ensure the implementation of the HSE hazard identification, risk assessment and determination of necessary controls measures;
- Ensure the implementation of HSE Compliance Legislative Audit in relation to the annual schedule;
- Develop the HSE Programs for the achieving of the planned HSE Objectives and Targets;
- Ensure the availability and manage the Local project HSE resources appointed;
- Ensure HSE Local Communication, Participation and Consultation;
- Ensure the identification of the HSE training needs and the implementation of the necessary HSE training program in cooperation with HR Department;
- Ensure that suppliers and subcontractors engaged on Project are operating in accordance with IMS supplier requirements;
- Ensure the identification of emergency situation and the management procedure for response;
- Ensure the monitoring, reporting and communication of the HSE performance and provide recommendations and solutions in case of negative trends;
- Ensure that all HSE accidents and incidents are reported, investigated and analyzed at the purpose to learn from incidents;
- Ensure that nonconformities are identified and corrective/preventive actions are taken into account to mitigate it and avoid the recurrence;
- Cooperate to the implementation of the annual HSE Audit schedule and ensure the implementation of the HSE Audits;
- Ensure that working areas are inspected on regular base in compliance with local legislation and HSE Management System;
- Participate to the annual management review meetings
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Accreditation by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) as a Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST)
- OSHA 30-Hour or Cal-OSHA 30-Hour for Construction Card Issued within last 4 Years
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM Field or an Associates in Occupational Safety and Health
- 5+ Years of experience in Construction Safety and Health
- Communication, presentation and training Development and Delivery Experience
- Experience leading diverse and dynamic teams
- Experience integrating into project teams and engaging stakeholders from across all disciplines in the HSE Program
- Experience with estimating, budgeting, and planning
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cal-OSHA, California EPA, Federal OSHA, EPA, Department of Labor and Local regulations, policies, and legislation
- Experience implementing programs and policies within ISO 14001 and 45001 Certified Organizations
- Experience developing and implementing site safety programs
- Demonstrated ability to inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with corporate and legislative requirements, standards, and regulations.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships and promote a harmonious safety environment.
- Ability to complete written reports and electronic communications expeditiously and with a high-degree of accuracy and professionalism while in the field.
- Computer proficiency with a strong knowledge of PCs and software applications related to the work, such as MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, etc.
- A valid non-probationary California Class “C” Driver’s License
- Demonstrated ability to identify and take action on safety-related issues, conduct root cause incident investigations and handle both uncomfortable and sensitive situations.
- Ability to travel internally and internationally Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Master’s Degree in an Occupational Safety and Health Discipline
- Accreditation by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Accreditation by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) as a Certified Instruction Trainer CIT or Safety Management Specialist (SMS)
- OSHA 500 Authorized Outreach Trainer Designation
- 5+ Years of Rail Construction of Turnkey Projects
- Lead ISO 14001 and 45001 Auditor Certification
- Experience developing and implementing internal auditing programs
- Experience with Human and Organizational Performance Management techniquesEducation: Bachelor’s Degree Languages: English Proficiency